Our antique reproduction scrimshaw mermaid bone box makes a great gift for the mermaid lover or for coastal or beach house decor. Perfect size for holding small jewelry, keys, paper clips and keepsakes.
This bone box is a replica of a traditional Stamp Box. The world’s first postage stamp was issued in Great Britain in 1840. In those days, sending a letter was something special, and stamps were expensive, so special boxes such as this and cases were created to hold them.
– Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable, sturdy wood-composite base.
– Compact size: 6-1/2" x 2-1/4" x 1-1/4"
– Tapered-cut hinged lid
– Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.
– Green felt-lined interior
– Antiqued brass hinges and front clasp