Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on ox bone. Sealed with bone powder and epoxy, lacquer-coated and hand-polished. Perfect for holding jewelry and keepsakes. This is NOT a resin product.
– Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable wood-composite base.
– Antique reproduction handmade bone box 5-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ x 2″
– Inside dimensions: 4-1/4” x 2-1/4” x 1-1/2”
– Polished by hand, felt-lined lift off lid and interior
– Green felt-lined lift off lid and box interior
– Engraved in the USA!