This whimsical bone box features an etching of a mermaid waiting longingly for a sailing ship. Begun by sailors working on whaling ships out of New England, scrimshaw may be the only art form that originated in America. Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on genuine ox bone. Perfect for holding jewelry and keepsakes.
– Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable wood-composite base.
– Antique reproduction handmade bone box
– Outside dimensions: 5-1/4" x 3-1/4" x 2"
– Inside dimensions: 4-1/4” x 2-1/4” x 1-1/2”
– Polished by hand, felt-lined lift off lid and interior
– Green felt-lined lift off lid and box interior
– Engraved in the USA!