Our scrimshaw is created by engraving varying designs on ox bone or ox horn. Perfect for holding stamps, jewelry, keys and keepsakes. Replica of the traditional Stamp Box. The world’s first postage stamp was issued in Great Britain in 1840. In those days, sending a letter was something special, and stamps were expensive, so special boxes such as this and cases were created to hold them.
• Compact size: 6-1/2" x 2-1/4" x 1-1/4"
• Natural, authentic ox bone tiles inlaid on a durable, sturdy wood-composite base.
• Antique scrimshaw reproduction mermaid design bone box with tapered-cut hinged lid
• Hand polished to enhance the coloring and striations of the ox bone. Slight ox bone color variations enhance the beauty and individuality of each box so that no two bone boxes are alike.
• Green felt-lined interior
• Antique brass hinges and front clasp
• Sealed with bone powder and epoxy, lacquer-coated and hand-polished.
• Perfect for holding jewelry, keys and keepsakes.