Designed to be carried, this rustic antiqued tin lantern reproduction would have been used by a "gaoler," or jailer. The lantern is designed to reflect heat from the flame away from the handle. The glass is protected by decorative tin bands. A sliding pin in the hinged door allows the door to be opened to light the candle (not included). Perfect for Early American or Colonial decor, outdoor entertaining, re-enacting or as a theater or film prop.
– Overall dimensions: 15" x 6" x 6"
– Enclosed candle area: 9" x 4" x 4"
– Candle opening is 3/4" in diameter (Candle not included).
– Rustic antiqued tin, Early American design
– Sits on four tiny, sphere-shaped feet